The Diabetes Prevention Support Center (DPSC) of the University of Pittsburgh offers a Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Group Lifestyle Balance™ Master Trainer Program to prepare experienced providers to deliver Lifestyle Coach training workshops for health providers within their organization.
The DPSC believes that a key component for successful DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™ program delivery is standardized and comprehensive training for health providers who are delivering the program. This allows for a high level of quality in program implementation, as well as long-term sustainability within large organizations that are delivering the DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™program.
The hands on, two-day DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™ Master Trainer workshop is conducted by expert faculty from the original DPP team, and is designed to provide experienced DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™ providers with the skills and materials necessary to provide Lifestyle Coach training and support for implementation in the community.
Required qualifications for application to the DPP GLB Master Trainer Program:
- Previous completion of formal Lifestyle Coach training
- Evidence of successful DPP GLB program delivery
- Health care professional with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field (or substantive experience)
As a first step, individuals who would like to become a DPP GLB Master Trainer should complete the DPP GLB two-day Lifestyle Coach training to obtain experience in offering the one-year DPP GLB program to those at risk for type 2 diabetes.
Upcoming DPP GLB Master Trainer Program
No DPP-GLB Master Training workshops are currently scheduled.
Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
100 Lytton Avenue | Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Cost: $650 for the two-day workshop, includes all training materials and breakfast and lunch both days
In addition, each sponsoring organization will complete a two-year agreement with the University of Pittsburgh for a fee of $1,000 to cover post-training technical assistance and licensing of the training materials. Only one organizational agreement will be necessary to cover any number of DPP GLB Master Trainers.
Application for DPP-GLB Master Trainer Program:
Space at the DPP-GLB Master Trainer Program is very limited and attendees will be selected based on their qualifications.
Please send the following Application Packet to the DPSC on or before November 15, 2015:
- DPP-GLB Master Trainer Program Application
- Letter of Recommendation from a supervisor. The letter must include supervisor’s contact information and should address your experience and performance in delivery of the GLB program.
- Resume or CV
Applicants will be notified regarding acceptance to the Program by December 1, 2015.
Please submit the Application Packet via fax or e-mail to:
Diabetes Prevention Support Center
3512 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Accepted applicants will receive a link to register and pay online for the Program. Registration and payment must be completed by December 15, 2015.
Benefits for the DPP GLB Master Trainer and their Organization
DPP GLB Master Trainers may provide GLB DPP Lifestyle Coach Training within their organization, and will receive the following from the DPSC:
- All components necessary to provide coach training including DPSC’s coach training materials, presentations and resources, as well as curriculum updates;
- Individualized practical support for workshop delivery within the DPP GLB Master Trainer’s organization including easy online registration link for workshop attendees, assistance with marketing, online workshop evaluation, and handling of continuing education;
- Ongoing implementation support after training via telephone and e-mail;
- Access to the private DPSC online portal available only to DPP GLB Master Trainers;
- Opportunities to connect and share with other DPP GLB Master Trainers and the DPSC faculty during periodic scheduled group conference calls;
- After workshop completion, all of organization’s attendees are included in the DPSC network w/access to the DPSC Health Professionals Portal
DPP GLB Master Trainers will be invited to renew their agreement at the conclusion of two years given that they have completed all quality control requirements.
Questions or More Information
The DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™ program is an approved curriculum for application to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program. For more information about the DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™ program click here.
For questions or more information about the DPP GLB Master Trainer Program, please contact the DPSC.